Prepare your business for the latest Omicron restrictions
The Welsh government has announced a raft of new measures to protect the public, which are likely to affect many businesses in the coming weeks.
From 27 December, nightclubs will have to close to prevent a rising number of cases of the new COVID-19 variant.
Other new rules brought into effect at the same time include:
- The reintroduction of social distancing in offices, shops and other workplaces
- One-way systems and barriers put in place to protect customers and staff in some businesses, such as gyms
- Face masks will remain mandatory in most public places, including buses, shops and hospitals
- You will have to self-isolate if you are identified as a close contact of a suspected Omicron case
- People are being asked to take lateral flow tests before socialising, shopping or visiting people
- It is advised that people meet outdoors where possible and make sure indoor meetings are well ventilated.
Following the decision to shut nightclubs, ahead of New Year’s Eve celebrations, the Welsh government will make £60 million available to businesses affected.
No other financial support has yet been announced for businesses impacted by the other restrictions.
If you are concerned about the new restrictions and how they may affect your business, please get in touch.
We are here to help